Robo:Bit Buggy for the BBC Micro:Bit (RoboBit for Microbit)
HappyKits is the authorised reseller for micro:bit in Malaysia.
Robo:Bit DIY Buggy for the BBC Micro:Bit
This little buggy can be assembled very quickly using only a screwdriver. No soldering is required.
It comprises several packs that are also available separately:
- Robo:Bit robotics controller PCB
- Fixings pack (battery holder, screws, mounting pillars, caster, etc.)
- Wheels Motors and wheels
- Optional extra: Line sensor pack
- Optional extra: Ultrasonic distance sensor module
Using the basic kit you can learn about:
- Controlling motors with simple Forwards / Reverse controls
- Controlling the speed of motors in both directions using PWM
- Use a second BBC micro:bit with the easy-to-use radio software to control the buggy
- Use the motion sensor on the micro:bit to detect collision with obstacles and avoid them
With the Plug-in Ultrasonic Distance Sensor:
- Detect when obstacles get close and change the program to avoid the obstacles
- "Follow-Me" program that tries to stay a certain distance from the object in front
- NB: Please do not plug in a standard HC-SR04 directly as this can be damaged with voltage spikes from the motors. Please use our specially developed addon unit for this (available 5th July)
With the Line Follower Sensor Pack:
- Use the 2 line sensors either side of the non-reflective line to detect the line and keep the buggy on track
- Write more complex programs that behave as required if you meet a T-Junction or crossing of lines
- Compare different line following strategies - create a race-track and see which strategy is fastest
- In combination with the distance sensor, make it avoid obstacles on the track and then re-acquire the line
Please note: BBC Micro:Bit and batteries are NOT included.
Free shipping within Malaysia.
All prices are net! There is no GST.